Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Hair dolls and (not so) happy endings...

NOTICE!! NOT THE ACTUAL HAIR DOLL
So...I've talked about starting this blog for a while, but never got around to it. Well, after the shit storm of craziness I had to endure this past Saturday I decided that it must be done...immediately!
The night started out fine....good food and a little drinky of sake....nothing wrong there. It wasn't until I got to the club that my nerves started to get twisted. I wish someone would explain to me why the majority of English speaking foreigners in Korea (mostly guys) are total douche holes. There is one in particular that slithered up to me at Answer with his close talking and (unjustified) pretentious demeanor...I was cringing before he even started talking. You know those people that talk like they are incessantly auditioning for Hamlet?Yeah, this guy is one of THOSE people. Imagine that voice, then add in a hefty serving of bridge and tunnel attitude, a sprinkle of naivité, and a pop of the collar. BINGO! That's him. Now I don't even need to talk about what he said to me...honestly I wasn't really listening...because without any dialogue this fellow has the potential to chafe even the face of Mr. Mickey Rourke
More importantly my friend Sarah and I later were convinced to sit and talk with these 2 korean men. The only reason we sat down was not the lure of good conversation but by the fact that they offered us champagne (shameful?? nah). Well I should have known to bolt as soon as the promised champagne never arrived. However, Sarah was engaged in conversation with one so, as friends do, I stayed to entertain the friend. When the subject of food came up Sarah was hooked...ENTRAILS!!! I think she's been craving them for months. I went along with them next door to eat and indulge in a little soji, my first of the night. We go to sit down and I am praying that she'll sit next to me...of course...she doesn't. What a little bitchy!!! Cut to 30 minutes later, after the "friend" has been flicking at my nose ring and at one point took a nap on my shoulder, all of a sudden...*dink!* the fucker actually pulled a chunk of hair out of my head and put it in his pocket.UHHHHHH WHAT??? Yes...pocket...in...to KEEP. Now correct me if i'm wrong, but I am under the impression that there are only 2 reason a person would ever do such a thing. 1- to collect a DNA sample or 2- if you're a certifiable crazy person with the hopes of creating a hair doll. This guy wasn't giving off the forensic scientist vibe, therefor I was left to assume he fit comfortable into category #2.
To be continued....

2 comments:

  1. Oh my god!!!! LOLOLOLOLOLOL!
    I'm crying with laughter....

    So sorry I didn't sit next to you. But didn't I sit down first? kkkk

    Good call on the Hamlet audition. I'm going to recall that and laugh every time I see his face!

    ReplyDelete
  2. NOOOO he sat down first and then you sat on his side ㅡㅡ

    ReplyDelete