I know its inevitable to have a "first" post but isn't that really the most awkward one?? At this stage in the game (i.e. the day this blog was born) who will really be reading this anyways. I hope to give you a little taste of the craziness I encounter on a daily basis. Yeah, yeah, I know, crazy things happen to everyone. But I can assure that for reasons unknown (and many well...known) the number of said "things" seems to drastically increase when you are a foreigner living in Seoul. Sure there are a lot of foreigners here, but I am convinced that there are VERY few that truly dive head first into Korean culture like I do every day. No I'm not talking about temples or even kimchi. I'm talking SOJU...soooooooo- juuuuuuuuu. Wikipedia has this to say about soju:
"Soju is a distilled beverage native to Korea. Most brands of modern soju are made in South Korea. Though traditionally made from rice, most major brands supplement or even replace the rice with other starches such as potato, wheat, barley, sweet potato, or tapioca (called dangmil in Korean). Soju is clear in color and typically varies in alcohol content from about 20% to about 45% alcohol by volume (ABV), with 20% ABV being most common. Its taste is comparable to vodka, though often slightly sweeter because of the sugars added in the manufacturing process."
Sounds delicious right??? Well, its not (but it's not bad either).However, I end up drinking it on a regular basis. There is just something about it. It seems to make you feel unexplainable things...some good and some bad..and makes you forget other things. How many bottles can I drink??? Well let's find out shall we...
Birthday Sluts
7 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment